Skip to main content

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 
I had no trouble with rules set for the shoot.2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.
I was mainly focusing on focus and a little bit of framing3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?
I would try to incorporate more aspects and basic rules of photography in my photo's
4. What things would you do the same?
I liked the photo's I took and what I was looking to shoot at. So basically I liked the idea I had set in my mind for my photo's.5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?
Rule of thirds, Balance, and maybe simplicity.6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?
Framing and avoiding mergers.7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?

I'm still not clear on lines. I can probably ask a friend to help me figure it out.

https://katiejohnsonblogs.blogspot.com/2017/09/academic-shoot.html?showComment=1506365441215#c6399095962207064083

Katie had really nice, clear photo's where you could tell what she wanted the subject to be. She also had original photo idea's that I hadn't seen anyone take which drew my eye in and made me want to keep looking at her photo's. One thing she could improve might have been in her first photo, she could have gotten a different angle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Shoot Reflection

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos of your first 4 prompts (Square, Metal, Happy, Bowie) I had a little bit of a challenge with getting the photo's I wanted in the time limit we were given. 2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly. I was thinking mostly about what photo I could take to where someone could get a relative idea of the prompt, but I was also focusing on having a focused picture, because I always seem to try and get closer to objects in the photo's I take. 3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography? I think I would try to incorporate more of the aspects of photography into my photos and see if I liked the outcome better.  4. What things would you do the same? I think I had pre

Africa

1) I didn't really have that much of a reaction to what I read and saw. I did notice though that the photographer was really passionate about what he was photographing. I think he wanted to be different than lots of photographers these days and that he really knew what he wanted to capture. 2) 3) This photo shows a mother lion cuddling it's baby on some sort of rock I think. This one is my favorite because I thought it was cute, and I think it rally makes the person looking at the photo feel something and I just thought that was cool. 4) This photo shows rule of third's. It shows this by having the subject in the left of the photo. 5) He does not use a telephoto lens because he thinks that you can't show much feeling through being far away. He wants to capture the soul and by being up close he can achieve that. 6) He took these photo's because he feels moved and inspired when he visits these sort of places. 7) He hopes to show the animals in their state o

Magazine Covers