Skip to main content

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 
I had no trouble with rules set for the shoot.2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.
I was mainly focusing on focus and a little bit of framing3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?
I would try to incorporate more aspects and basic rules of photography in my photo's
4. What things would you do the same?
I liked the photo's I took and what I was looking to shoot at. So basically I liked the idea I had set in my mind for my photo's.5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?
Rule of thirds, Balance, and maybe simplicity.6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?
Framing and avoiding mergers.7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?

I'm still not clear on lines. I can probably ask a friend to help me figure it out.

https://katiejohnsonblogs.blogspot.com/2017/09/academic-shoot.html?showComment=1506365441215#c6399095962207064083

Katie had really nice, clear photo's where you could tell what she wanted the subject to be. She also had original photo idea's that I hadn't seen anyone take which drew my eye in and made me want to keep looking at her photo's. One thing she could improve might have been in her first photo, she could have gotten a different angle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Shoot

1. Balance 2. Color wheel page being colored 3. It is clear to me, other people might have a different eye and focus on the girl coloring, or the girl in the upper left corner, or the books stacked in the background. You never know 1. Avoiding merger's 2. Working students 3. Yes it is clear 1. Simplicity 2. Phone loading 3. Again, it is clear to me, but someone could easily look at the girl holding the phone, school supplies or people in the background

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO- what do they mean?

F2.8 F16+ A1. We closely relate aperture to the pupil (in our eye) A2. The smaller aperture will create a larger f-stop, the higher aperture will create a smaller f-stop A3. Aperture affects depth of field. Depth of field is the subject or what's in focus in the photograph. The aperture has a direct affect on the depth of field, the higher aperture number, the more focus the foreground will be in, the lower the aperture number, the more blurred the foreground will be. Low shutter speed High shutter speed

Prompt Shoot #1

Metal I think I achieved simplicity on this photo because this subject is obvious and nothing in the background is distracting from the motorbike. Square I could almost say I achieved leading lines in this photo because the lines the rocks create follow throughout the picture and you eventually lay your eyes on the square I was capturing. Bowie I think this might be simplicity again, or maybe not any. Though i'm not for sure.  Happy This could possibly be framing, at least in my eyes. The focus of the rocks and the green plants in the dark background and on the side reminded me of framing.