Skip to main content

American Soldier


1) I think this is the most important picture because this is the beginning of his journey being recorded. This is where it all begins and this is what sets up the idea that he will go through hardships because he is applying for the military. This is what starts the story being photographed and wanting to be presented, what the photographer wants the viewers to know.
2) The images work together to tell a story because it is step 
by step what happened to this guy, in chronological order. They show what he went through, from the start of this specific journey to the end.

3) The captions enhance the photographs because first of all they are really well done. They are written with good descriptions and information that really helps you understand more of what is happening tot his guy.

4) Ian Fisher is a high school student who decided to enlist into the American Army. He struggles at first, he is not keeping up physically and he also has some behavioral issues too. Though he pushes through and goes through many hardships within the army and back at home. After his long journey, his story ends with him marrying his girlfriend Devin.

5) The verbs definitely change. In the first sentence, they were present tense and in the second sentence they were past.

6) They range from 2-4 sentences on average. The information the first sentence provides is usually about what is going on in the photo, maybe in a little bit more detail. The second sentence usually gives more background information that you can't really get from looking at the photo and that usually is detailed to the photo specifically. The third sentence if there is one usually provides even more background information. There are quotes within some captions and some are four sentences.

7) It's possible because if the photo's are well taken with the objective to show viewers something they are trying to get off and captions are well written, that's really a story with pictures. Photo's do contain details and feelings affiliated with them and that is enough to show something. Captions also provide detail to given in the picture.

8) Well sometimes people prefer detailed sentences with figurative language. You can get more in-depth with a story because the writing is typically longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Shoot Reflection

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos of your first 4 prompts (Square, Metal, Happy, Bowie) I had a little bit of a challenge with getting the photo's I wanted in the time limit we were given. 2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly. I was thinking mostly about what photo I could take to where someone could get a relative idea of the prompt, but I was also focusing on having a focused picture, because I always seem to try and get closer to objects in the photo's I take. 3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography? I think I would try to incorporate more of the aspects of photography into my photos and see if I liked the outcome better.  4. What things would you do the same? I think I had pre

Africa

1) I didn't really have that much of a reaction to what I read and saw. I did notice though that the photographer was really passionate about what he was photographing. I think he wanted to be different than lots of photographers these days and that he really knew what he wanted to capture. 2) 3) This photo shows a mother lion cuddling it's baby on some sort of rock I think. This one is my favorite because I thought it was cute, and I think it rally makes the person looking at the photo feel something and I just thought that was cool. 4) This photo shows rule of third's. It shows this by having the subject in the left of the photo. 5) He does not use a telephoto lens because he thinks that you can't show much feeling through being far away. He wants to capture the soul and by being up close he can achieve that. 6) He took these photo's because he feels moved and inspired when he visits these sort of places. 7) He hopes to show the animals in their state o

Magazine Covers