Skip to main content

Magazine Preview Assignment

1) Five things to think about when designing a magazine cover is does it have benefits, is it interesting enough that a walk by glancer will catch their eye on it, does it have good image appeal, is it easy to quickly view and still be efficient, and is it worth the investment for the buyer.

1)No
2)informal
3)No
4)Formal
5)Formal
6)No
7)No
8)No
9)Informal
10)No
11)Informal
12)Formal
13)No
14)Formal
15)Formal
16)Formal
Favorite
I chose this photo as my favorite because this one was the most eye appealing to me. I might be bias though because I like cats so much. But, it is a super cute picture that can attract views from because who doesn't like looking at pictures of cats, right? I think the pumpkin it's sitting in is a little bit scary and I have never heard of the brand before but it all depends on the person buying or viewing the cover I guess. I think it has really good subtitles that is really attracting the viewer (At least from what I can read)

Image Based magazine consists of one or more people on the cover. Many ways are these people being interpreted. Sometimes their smiling, or frowning, looking at the camera, or not looking at the camera.
Illustration based magazines are not that common anymore but when you see them they are usually showing something funny or out of the ordinary. These types of magazines don't always rely on newsstand sells and sometimes they use computer generated images.
Type Based are also rare, but more common than illustration, although they have been making a comeback that last couple of years. These magazine covers use powerful fonts to portray their message and it is very effective sometimes.
Concept Based is a mix of all three concepts above and it is rare. They must be instantly understandable and funny to the audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Shoot Reflection

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos of your first 4 prompts (Square, Metal, Happy, Bowie) I had a little bit of a challenge with getting the photo's I wanted in the time limit we were given. 2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly. I was thinking mostly about what photo I could take to where someone could get a relative idea of the prompt, but I was also focusing on having a focused picture, because I always seem to try and get closer to objects in the photo's I take. 3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography? I think I would try to incorporate more of the aspects of photography into my photos and see if I liked the outcome better.  4. What things would you do the same? I think I had pre

Africa

1) I didn't really have that much of a reaction to what I read and saw. I did notice though that the photographer was really passionate about what he was photographing. I think he wanted to be different than lots of photographers these days and that he really knew what he wanted to capture. 2) 3) This photo shows a mother lion cuddling it's baby on some sort of rock I think. This one is my favorite because I thought it was cute, and I think it rally makes the person looking at the photo feel something and I just thought that was cool. 4) This photo shows rule of third's. It shows this by having the subject in the left of the photo. 5) He does not use a telephoto lens because he thinks that you can't show much feeling through being far away. He wants to capture the soul and by being up close he can achieve that. 6) He took these photo's because he feels moved and inspired when he visits these sort of places. 7) He hopes to show the animals in their state o

Magazine Covers