Skip to main content

Magazine Preview Assignment

1) Five things to think about when designing a magazine cover is does it have benefits, is it interesting enough that a walk by glancer will catch their eye on it, does it have good image appeal, is it easy to quickly view and still be efficient, and is it worth the investment for the buyer.

1)No
2)informal
3)No
4)Formal
5)Formal
6)No
7)No
8)No
9)Informal
10)No
11)Informal
12)Formal
13)No
14)Formal
15)Formal
16)Formal
Favorite
I chose this photo as my favorite because this one was the most eye appealing to me. I might be bias though because I like cats so much. But, it is a super cute picture that can attract views from because who doesn't like looking at pictures of cats, right? I think the pumpkin it's sitting in is a little bit scary and I have never heard of the brand before but it all depends on the person buying or viewing the cover I guess. I think it has really good subtitles that is really attracting the viewer (At least from what I can read)

Image Based magazine consists of one or more people on the cover. Many ways are these people being interpreted. Sometimes their smiling, or frowning, looking at the camera, or not looking at the camera.
Illustration based magazines are not that common anymore but when you see them they are usually showing something funny or out of the ordinary. These types of magazines don't always rely on newsstand sells and sometimes they use computer generated images.
Type Based are also rare, but more common than illustration, although they have been making a comeback that last couple of years. These magazine covers use powerful fonts to portray their message and it is very effective sometimes.
Concept Based is a mix of all three concepts above and it is rare. They must be instantly understandable and funny to the audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny Captions

This is Betty in the grocery story because she has to get some fruit and is wearing her favorite shirt. Betty need to buy some sweet fruits for Barbra and Tom in the background because they were a bit salty that day. Margret is in time out because she has been yelling at some strangers in the mall. She came to the mall to get her son a birthday present because she forgot to get one for him. It's Harriets birthday today as she sits at her kitchen table in her kitchen. She was so tired last night and I hoped she would feel better the next day because it was going to be her birthday.

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO- what do they mean?

F2.8 F16+ A1. We closely relate aperture to the pupil (in our eye) A2. The smaller aperture will create a larger f-stop, the higher aperture will create a smaller f-stop A3. Aperture affects depth of field. Depth of field is the subject or what's in focus in the photograph. The aperture has a direct affect on the depth of field, the higher aperture number, the more focus the foreground will be in, the lower the aperture number, the more blurred the foreground will be. Low shutter speed High shutter speed

100 Photographs

1) I chose A Man On The Moon, and First Cell Phone Picture because they were both big accomplishments. Where would we be without having Neil Armstrong walk on the moon? How would our life be different without the cell phone, it was what led us into a huge technology advancement. I also chose the Black Power Salute because of all the events it came to just to fight for equality, and that we have com far from the Equal Rights Movement. I chose The Terror Of War and Hitler At A Nazi Party Rally because I thought Hitler caused war and death and that brings terror and worry. There are wars still going on in our time today it's almost like it's part of our life and that it is gaurenteed to happen. 2) For A Man On The Moon, I read that it was Aldrin in the photo, that Neil Armstrong took. Aldrin didn't really care for being the second man on the moon. Neil Armstrong got lot's of credit and Aldrin not so much. In the First Cell Phone Picture I read that a man named Kaun was b...