Skip to main content

Portraits and Self Portraits

Two tips I think are important are to 1) Play with lighting and 2) Shoot candidly
I liked this environmental portrait a lot because you can tell what he likes to do and that he loves it.
I chose this self portrait because I thought the photographer  played with the lighting very well and he also incorporated polaroid pictures into the photo.

I chose this Self portrait because I thought it was cool that he used a mirror to show his face .
I chose this casual portrait because I liked how they had a unique, pretty, and over all eye appealing background and I thought it really enhanced the picture.
I chose this casual portrait because I liked how blurred the background was and how that affected the lighting of the photo. I also liked how it was candid of this woman laughing. I felt like that really made the photo stand out.
I liked this environmental portrait because you can clearly tell he is passionate about music and I think it's cool he likes something so much.
I am going to shoot myself, my friend Sophie, and my cat Tom. I will shoot outside when I shoot Sophie in an area with lots of greenery and inside my house for when I shoot my cat Tom. To make the shot successful I will make sure I have the appropriate camera settings set for the picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Shoot

1. Balance 2. Color wheel page being colored 3. It is clear to me, other people might have a different eye and focus on the girl coloring, or the girl in the upper left corner, or the books stacked in the background. You never know 1. Avoiding merger's 2. Working students 3. Yes it is clear 1. Simplicity 2. Phone loading 3. Again, it is clear to me, but someone could easily look at the girl holding the phone, school supplies or people in the background

Prompt Shoot #1

Metal I think I achieved simplicity on this photo because this subject is obvious and nothing in the background is distracting from the motorbike. Square I could almost say I achieved leading lines in this photo because the lines the rocks create follow throughout the picture and you eventually lay your eyes on the square I was capturing. Bowie I think this might be simplicity again, or maybe not any. Though i'm not for sure.  Happy This could possibly be framing, at least in my eyes. The focus of the rocks and the green plants in the dark background and on the side reminded me of framing.

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO- what do they mean?

F2.8 F16+ A1. We closely relate aperture to the pupil (in our eye) A2. The smaller aperture will create a larger f-stop, the higher aperture will create a smaller f-stop A3. Aperture affects depth of field. Depth of field is the subject or what's in focus in the photograph. The aperture has a direct affect on the depth of field, the higher aperture number, the more focus the foreground will be in, the lower the aperture number, the more blurred the foreground will be. Low shutter speed High shutter speed